Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
- Health data interoperability huge priority as Mass. ACO law takes effect
Providers, EHR vendors will have to work out health data interoperability issues to survive under new Massachusetts ACO law.
- Remote access Trojan evades detection using mouse functions
Trojan highlights need to tune automated detection systems to spot malicious software attempting to use Windows hooks, expert says.
- Asigra Cloud Backup now protects cloud apps, VMs, mobile devices
The latest version of Asigra Cloud Backup tackles cloud apps, platforms and snapshots, and expands virtual machine and endpoint protection.
- Brocade-Vyatta deal: Enhanced virtualization networking, not quite SDN
The Brocade-Vyatta acquisition will result in tightly linked virtual and physical networks, but it it's not quite software defined networking.
- OpenStack alternatives campaign for enterprise votes
OpenStack is this year's flashy candidate, but some enterprises will cast their ballots for open source cloud computing alternatives.
- ITSM tools enter the consumerization era
BMC's MyIT app aims to bridge the gap between traditional ITSM tools and today's empowered, mobile end users.
- Is managing BYOD policy a waste of the CIO's time?
Is BYOD policy a CIO's problem? Three mobility experts weigh in on whether CIOs shouldn't sweat BYOD but focus on the bigger fish they have to fry.