Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, November 8, 2012
- Despite Windows 8 zero-day, vendors laud security of new Microsoft OS
Despite a recent Windows 8 zero-day vulnerability, security vendors say the new Microsoft platform is the most secure OS on the market.
- Enterprise mobility needs could ramp up UCaaS market
The UCaaS market has been slowly evolving. As enterprises shift to using mobile devices to access UC applications, however, UCaaS could mature.
- Partners find opportunities with Google Chromebook and Chromebox sales
Google's Chromebook and Chromebox products are finding traction in education and second-generation products are picking up sales in other verticals.
- Providers wade warily into online patient groups, hope for benefits
Online patient groups offer promise of between-visit wellness boosts. Providers count the costs of hosting them.
- Provider-vendor online patient groups as new patient engagement model
Online patient groups offer promise of between-visit wellness boosts. Providers and vendors are wagering on this emerging model of patient engagement.
- DinCloud partners with NetApp for new cloud backup, DR service
Cloud service provider dinCloud became a NetApp partner, using NetApp storage arrays and data protection software for its data protection service.
- CIOs can take leadership role in corporate social responsibility
Companies that take corporate social responsibility seriously are more trusted by the public, and CIOs can be leaders in making CSR a reality.
- 'Big data' analytics, number-crunching nation
If the presidential election says nothing else to CIOs, it demonstrates that 'big data' analytics and mobile apps are not technologies as usual.
- Huawei security chief says vendor supports U.S. cyberespionage defense
At a panel discussion on cyberespionage and critical infrastructure protection, Huawei CSO Andy Purdy said his firm would help find solutions to the problem.
- Romney planned to change HIT standards development, end EHR incentives
What would have happened to the HIT standards development process -- and EHR incentives -- had the incumbent lost?
- Office iOS app due in spring, but with lots of gotchas
If you want to do anything of value with Microsoft Office for iOS (or Android), you'll need an Office 365 subscription. Cheaper alternatives abound.
- November 2012 Patch Tuesday to include Windows 8 patch
Microsoft's November 2012 Patch Tuesday release will include four critical bulletins to fix flaws in Windows 8 and other products.