Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 16, 2012
- India Glycols implements QlikView BI dashboard
Discover why India Glycols, a manufacturer of bulk chemicals, opted for QlikView BI dashboard. Know all the benefits it accrued through the deployment.
- Nasa to encrypt data after latest breach
Nasa is to encrypt all its mobile computers after the loss of a laptop containing personal information about more than 10,000 staff
- Custom, targeted malware attacks demand new malware defense approach
Widespread use of custom malware in targeted attacks requires better attack preparation and response, and a variety of new malcode defenses.
- Midmarket responds to SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions
SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions appeal to midmarket customers looking for ERP and CRM system advantages without the high cost.
- Scandal serves as reminder of importance of data security
This week, SearchCIO.com Searchlight finds a teachable moment about data security in the CIA-FBI scandal; plus, when gluttony is good for CIOs.
- Report highlights supply chain insecurities, downplays mobile threats
A Georgia Tech report on cybersecurity is downplaying mobile threats, but explains that supply chain weaknesses will continue to dog manufacturers and software makers.
- Ten secrets of success from top CFOs speak volumes to CIOs
Understand how the business makes money. Focus on continuous improvement. Ten secrets of success of some of the nation's top CFOs speak to CIOs too.
- New RackStation, My Book Studio offerings for SMB storage needs
This week, Synology shows off its latest RackStation product and Western Digital offers up its new My Book Studio external drive lineup for SMBs.
- Exchange 2010 SP2 RU5 drops with 20 fixes, eye on Exchange 2013
This week's Exchange 2010 SP2 update will help IT pros preparing for the move to Exchange 2013, and will improve database availability group stability.
- TwinStrata, Beam Communications and STORServer make DR announcements
TwinStrata Inc., Beam Communications Pty Ltd. and STORServer Inc. all made disaster recovery announcements this week.
- BI architecture guide helps businesses start small but think big
Building a BI architecture is no easy task, but a reference guide can answer questions when crafting a road map.
- Cisco, Dell deals put converged infrastructure management in the spotlight
As data center convergence takes hold, the convergence of management isn't far behind. Acquisitions by Cisco and Dell highlight this growing trend.
- IT pros cast wary eyes on new VMware cloud, desktop certifications
VMware certification options are set to double, with new cloud and end-user computing titles. IT pros question how valuable the new certs really are.