Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 30, 2012
- How CIOs can quell email overload by adopting true transparency
When an NYU sophomore accidentally launched the Reply-All-Calypse, it proved that true transparency is key to preventing email overload.
- Information technology costs must consider the human factor
Despite the emphasis on products and services, information technology costs are still mostly human, new survey data shows.
- Amazon rolls out new cloud offerings as IT pros make wish list
Amazon unveiled new instances for EC2 and a Data Pipeline this week, but IT pros say there are some additional features they hope to see.
- Gartner: Better collaboration for new era of application integration
Diverse teams must come together to create a successful application integration as complexity goes up. Warning: Cloud integration is no cure-all.
- IT pros troubled by Microsoft's user CAL price increase
Microsoft will increase the user CAL by 15%, leaving many IT pros upset, but with little choice to pay up.
- U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee approves digital privacy laws update
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has approved updates to two digital privacy laws that proponents say are needed to keep pace with technology.
- Amazon conference leaves some users craving technical details
Some had hoped for more of a technical focus, but most attendees at the Amazon conference AWS re:Invent were impressed by the debut.
- RSNA 2012: Radiology meaningful use attestation tougher than it looks
RSNA 2012 attendees say choosing to pursue radiology meaningful use is a thorny decision for inpatient and outpatient facilities and practices.
- FCoE for converged networking? Not quite, Brocade veep says
Brocade, a storage veteran and data center LAN innovator, has the tools to make end-to-end FCoE work, but that's not what customers want, one VP says.
- Network Innovation Award: Brocade VCS Fabric
Brocade wins the SearchNetworking Network Innovation Award for its VCS data center network fabric technology.
- An SDN technology channel partner program is born
ADARA Networks' recent SDN channel partner program release may have beaten many large vendors to the SDN technology punch.
- SaaS heads drive toward new approach for application sourcing software
Companies are approaching application sourcing differently and the force behind the change is cloud computing.