Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, December 3, 2012
- HP adds 3PAR StoreServ 7000 for midrange, file and object storage
Hewlett-Packard looks to jump-start storage sales by adding the 3PAR StoreServ 7000, an EVA migration path, and a new archiving platform.
- Q&A: System Center 2012 SP1 to deliver key management features
Systems management expert Don Retallack offers details of next year's Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1.
- VMware delivers template for deploying, modeling cloud apps
IT pros can build cloud app templates using tools like AWS CloudFormation, but VMware hopes they'll consider its new vFabric Application Director.
- Architecture firm 'upgrades' storage with smaller arrays; more news
A Wisconsin architecture firm reduced cost and maintained performance by switching to an entry-level unified storage system.
- Gap among industries in average salary for senior IT is considerable
The IT Salary Survey 2012 shows big disparities among industries in the average salary for senior IT. In 2012, that doesn't seem to matter so much.
- Many in industry at odds over pending cybersecurity executive order
Some security industry veterans fear regulatory overreach, others believe an executive order won't go far enough.
- ID verification policies needed in stage 2 meaningful use
The stage 2 meaningful use rules include provisions requiring physicians to offer patients data access, upping the need for ID verification policies.
- NetWars CyberCity missions to improve critical infrastructure protection
The SANS Institute NetWars CyberCity aims to boost critical infrastructure protection and incident response in a unique training environment.
- Cariden acquisition boosts Cisco SDN technology for service providers
With Cariden's IP/MPLS planning software, Cisco's software-defined networking technology will have strong analytical capabilities for service providers.