Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
- Emulex acquires Endace to build a software-defined networking play
Server network adaptor vendor Emulex said its acquisition of network visibility vendor Endace will enhance its software-defined networking strategy.
- Backup 2012: Backup Exec woes, appliances rise, Dell's 'Quest'
Backup 2012: Symantec paid for Backup Exec changes, integrated appliances gained traction, Dell bought Quest, and the cloud had DR covered.
- Data center facility die-hards versus the cloud
Even die-hard data center facility holdouts might have a hard time arguing against a move to the cloud.
- Gap among industries in average salary for senior IT is considerable
The IT Salary Survey 2012 shows big disparities among industries in the average salary for senior IT. In 2012, that doesn't seem to matter so much.
- Powering past mistakes, Electrolux builds a model social enterprise
Three years into its journey to becoming a social enterprise, Electrolux has overcome setbacks to build a social model that fires on all cylinders.
- Zetta offers DataProtect cloud backup for NetApp through the channel
Zetta.net's recently released offsite cloud backup and DR product is tailored for NetApp environments and is available only through the channel.
- Dell continues its extreme makeover for cloud, BYOD and services era
IT pros ponder another year of acquisition and transformation for Dell, and what it may mean for their own cloud computing strategy plans.
- Lessons learned from real-world DLP technology deployments
Successful data loss prevention deployments require data governance maturity, a great deal of tuning and acknowledgement that it's not a panacea.
- Few low-cost VDI options remain
Organizations looking for affordable virtual desktop tools have few choices today, but NComputing offers a viable VDI option.
- IT pros welcome Dell’s foray into consumerization
Despite a late start, new Dell support services and client devices could help Dell make a splash in the consumerization era.
- Social engineering, employee gaffes require full attention, says expert
Technologies like data loss prevention boost protection, but a determined adversary will get past the sensors, explains security expert Hugh Thompson.
- FBI arrests attackers associated with Facebook cybercrime ring
Cybercriminal gang associated with the Butterfly Botnet is believed to have netted more than $850 million by stealing credit card and bank account data.