Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 13, 2012
- How to transform enterprise architecture into business architecture
Turning your enterprise architecture into a framework that's business-centric and customer-focused is hard work, and more art than science.
- Finding a business solutions architect with the right stuff
Turning a technology-focused enterprise architecture into a business architecture calls for a business solutions architect with the right stuff.
- Gartner ADC Magic Quadrant: Room for cloud optimization, SDN
The 2012 Gartner ADC Magic Quadrant indicates a mature market with room for innovation around deployment options, software-defined networking and cloud optimization.
- Dell explains private cloud strategy, Quest Software plans
Dell's cloud services strategy seeks to win over enterprises that want to build a private cloud first. It’s also got big plans for Quest Software.
- No 'all or nothing' clouds: NTT America's hybrid cloud and DR strategy
NTT America discusses the importance of offering customers a hybrid cloud and DR strategy. It also describes how it will use SDN in 2013.
- 2012 PBX market: Why aren't enterprises dumping their desk phones?
The 2012 PBX market struggled as enterprises kept their legacy equipment. UC integration with new phone systems may help enterprises justify upgrades.
- Cybercrime 2012: Malware attacks prominent in retail, financial industries
Malware attacks were the most prominent in the retail and financial services industries in 2012.
- Why Nicira abandoned OpenFlow hardware control
Nicira's founding engineers invented OpenFlow, but they say it won't work for data center-class, hardware forwarding. Martin Casado explains.
- It'll take a channel to drive SDN sales
Software-defined networking is great in theory, but now it's time to take products to the streets. SDN sales will be driven by a strong channel.
- Data security remains biggest hurdle to public cloud adoption
Data security remains a top roadblock to public cloud adoption. Quell fears by understanding the risks and objectives in a potential cloud project.
- Q&A: New Dell Software group to offer data center management tools
Dell plans software products surrounding data center management, "big data," business intelligence, security and data protection by 2014.
- Dell unveils workloads, features of converged infrastructure offering
Dell bakes Gale Technologies' automation into Dell's Active Infrastructure to speed up deployments.