Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 14, 2012
- Crafty click fraud Trojan uses left mouse click to evade detection
A Trojan horse waits for a left mouse click to execute each step of the infection process, according to new research from FireEye Inc.
- Thorough preparation necessary to offset cloud security risks
Moving at least some data to the cloud provides numerous benefits, but organizations need to do their homework to alleviate any cloud security risks.
- MIT researchers discuss ethics of big data in public cloud
Many companies now use the public cloud for big data analytics, but should they? MIT researchers discuss the ethics of big data in the cloud.
- In creating mobile applications, perfection sometimes beats speed
This week SearchCIO.com Searchlight considers whether MySpace deserves a third act, and if it's better to be fast or good with mobile applications.
- Pica8 offers SDN reference architecture for cloud providers
Pica8 introduces a software-defined networking reference architecture for use with low-cost ODM switch hardware.
- IT productivity shifts from standardization to personalization
Standardizing business processes has led to huge efficiencies for companies. The new IT-enabled productivity is about personalization.
- Verizon joins Criterion attribution test to bolster one set of credentials
Verizon and Criterion Systems will conduct a series of tests of a new validation process being designed for sensitive online transactions.
- Hasty deployments threaten SharePoint platform success
A new AIIM report finds that many organizations are deploying the SharePoint collaboration platform without taking enough time to think it through.
- Unitrends 7 lights a fire with 'hot-hot' off-site replication
Unitrends revamps its off-site replication to facilitate disaster recovery, no longer requires shipping an appliance to recovery site.
- Dell networking: Data center network architecture with SDN, automation
As Dell transitions from hardware stalwart to software innovator, SDN and automation take center stage in its new data center network architecture.