Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, December 17, 2012
- AWS undermines Azure with new PowerShell, Windows Server 2012 features
Amazon Web Services adds Windows Server 2012 and PowerShell features to its public cloud in a bid to undercut Microsoft Azure.
- Product Spotlight: Cloud computing security solutions for enterprises
Our latest Product Spotlight features two cloud computing security solutions that can assist in the storage, access, management and security of data.
- Year in review: Backup, virtual storage, cloud storage, SSD
Find out how the markets for backup, virtual storage, cloud and SSD have evolved over the past year, and what may be in store for the future.
- Application migration to Windows 8 might require third-party tools
Third-party Windows upgrade tools might be necessary for application migration to Windows 8.
- System Center 2012 SP1 hits RTM, adds Windows 8 management support
Microsoft released the System Center 2012 SP1 RTM, which lets IT deploy and manage Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, but it requires a clean install.
- Blue Coat to acquire UTM networking firm Crossbeam
Blue Coat said Crossbeam gives it a platform for its software and also helps bolster its network optimization strategy in high-end data centers.
- A new targeted Trojan, Batchwiper, wipes data from drives
Symantec has confirmed the existence of the targeted Trojan it calls Batchwiper.