Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- Cloud Sherpas to expand partnerships beyond Google, Salesforce in 2013
As part of our Q&A series with cloud providers, Michael Cohn, co-founder of Cloud Sherpas, says 2013 will be all about going 'deeper' into the cloud.
- State HIE funding challenges for 2013 expected, but will live to fight another day
Federal funds supporting state HIEs will be running out, and some lag behind. Others are carving paths to profitability for all with innovative ideas.
- Health care data analytics technologies: Big 2013 boost from ACOs
ACOs require population health and care cost data that providers can't produce, yet. HIEs and health care data analytics could step into the breach.
- Compliance with HIPAA policies to take on greater prominence next year
As more data moves online in 2013 and security becomes more significant, health organizations will pay greater attention to HIPAA policies and rules.
- The corporate data center facility isn't disappearing, just shrinking
Despite the hype of cloud providers' massive data center capabilities, the corporate data center facility isn't going anywhere; it's just shrinking.
- NetApp's Kidd sees cloud, flash as most prominent data storage trends
NetApp CTO Jay Kidd sees flash, cloud and clustered storage joining virtualization as the most prominent data storage trends for 2013.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Product MDM market cornered by big name vendors
This new Magic Quadrant for product MDM tools reveals increased complexity in a market dominated by major players.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Customer MDM market maturing despite confusion
This year's Magic Quadrant for customer MDM software reveals a market nearing maturity, yet still brimming with diverse products and vendors.
- US-CERT warns of Adobe Shockwave Player threat
An attacker can exploit weaknesses in files intended to extend the functionality of Shockwave Player. No practical solution is available, US-CERT said.
- The mobile-enabled enterprise data center is a moving target
The mobile-enabled data center of the future will in theory have the ability to integrate all traditional IT systems with all consumer technologies.
- Top 10 VDI news stories of 2012
2012 may not be a great year according to the Mayans, but desktop virtualization vendors and IT pros saw positive changes in the VDI market this year.
- IT strategy to-do list for the New Year
A look back and a look ahead reveal some important IT strategy tips for cloud, business intelligence and social, to use in the coming year.
- Bring your own application: WLAN vendors add mobile app optimization
Aruba and Xirrus announce application optimization features for enterprise wireless LAN to manage bring-your-own-application environments.