Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
- Cloud startups: Differentiate, don't compete with cloud giants
Cloud startups shouldn't compete with large, incumbent cloud players; newcomers should focus on complimentary and differentiated services.
- Blue Coat boosts network security gateway biz with Crossbeam acquisition
Blue Coat's network security gateway business will get a boost from its merger with security hardware specialist Crossbeam.
- Dell acquires Credant Technologies for device encryption
Dell said the addition of Credant bolsters its data protection strategy by adding encryption capabilities for laptops and mobile devices.
- IDC: Spending on data protection software rises
Spending on data protection software and recovery software rose to more than $1 billion during the third quarter of 2012, according to an IDC study.
- CDP, quarterly DR test keeps engineering firm ready for any disaster
Engineering firm Strand Associates' DR test and plan is designed for major power outages, but they also come in handy when solving smaller problems.
- Redefining our favorite cloud terms of 2012
Cloud buzzwords can be bad for your health. Recommended treatment: alternative definitions for a few of our most popular cloud terms of 2012.
- SearchDataCenter's top news stories of 2012
From IT personnel contending with a natural disaster to fanfare for a powerful new Intel processor, here are the most popular data center stories from 2012 as chosen by our readers.