Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 20, 2012
- Covered entities should think hard about business associate agreements
Business associate agreements might seem straightforward, but regulatory ambiguity and vendor resistance make them anything but.
- UC milestones in 2012: Enterprise social media tools
The 2012 UC milestones series turns to the evolution of the social media market and the year's milestones for enterprise social media tools.
- IT Salary Survey 2012: IT security, compliance pros anticipate raise in 2013
Security and compliance pros taking TechTarget's 2012 IT Salary Survey aren't complacent, indicating openness to new jobs, eagerness for a promotion.
- Dell adds Credant data encryption software to its 2012 acquisition list
The acquisition of Credant Technologies could bolster Dell's data encryption play and its efforts to support and secure mobile devices.
- Google drops Exchange ActiveSync support on free Gmail
Google ditched Microsoft ActiveSync in favor of its own Google Sync based on open protocols.
- Investment firm Audax Group revamps data protection system with Actifio
Audax Group revamps its data protection system with Actifio copy management appliances to eliminate tape, traditional backup and replication software.
- Best and worst cloud computing trends for 2013
Does big data make you blush? Is cloud innovation dead? IT pros sound off on which cloud computing trends should stay and which should go in 2013.
- Top five cloud computing news stories in 2012
With increased cloud adoption in 2012, the cloud news scene was hot. Stories about shifting roles in enterprise IT, vendor plans and BYOD topped our list.
- UC milestones in 2012: Desktop video conferencing
In this review of 2012 desktop video conferencing trends, we look at cloud-based video and Avaya's efforts to compete with Microsoft and Cisco.
- IT security job market is hot but tricky, expert says
The IT security skills required by some firms have become a lot more specific. The demand for security generalists is waning.