Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 21, 2012
- Businesses set self-service BI as a priority for 2013
Mainstay issues such as poor data quality will plague businesses in 2013, but one way they're hoping to overcome hurdles is by empowering users.
- Devious threats to information security naughty, not end of the world
In this week's SearchCIO.com Searchlight, threats to information security worth worrying over. Plus, is the end nigh for the 'big data' bubble?
- Xerox cloud chief hopes to strengthen channel, drive revenue in 2013
In our year-end Q&A series with market leaders, Xerox cloud chief Ken Stephens discusses the ups and downs of creating a channel program for cloud.
- In 2012, SaaS HR showed C-suite a safe path to cloud computing
The once-stodgy HR department went big for on-demand talent management and HCM systems while finance geared up for the cloud.
- IBM SmartCloud Docs productivity suite to challenge Office 365, Google Docs
IBM's SmartCloud Docs productivity suite offers mobile employees a way to access documents and more from any device, anywhere.
- 'Big data' analysis is my new best girlfriend
'Big data' analysis experts see 2013 as the year when this disruptive technology actually starts disrupting whole industries.
- Health care and social media benefits: Improving patient engagement in 2013
Some hospitals still avoid using health care social media, but others feel it will offer key benefits as meaningful use stage 2 mandates patient engagement.
- New technology needed to support growing adoption of ACO models
As health reform pushes more and more practices toward ACO models of care, current technology can't always support the transition.
- Verizon Terremark CTO: VMware is 'suspect number one' in cloud vendor lock-in
Verizon Terremark's CTO talks hybrid clouds, cloud brokers and cloud portability, and he shares his concerns about vendors that hold back the market.
- Top 12 information technology news pieces of 2012 from SearchCIO.com
IT leaders, rejoice! Here's a roundup of SearchCIO.com's top 12 information technology news stories of 2012 to get you in gear for the new year ahead.
- Hadoop framework, big data systems will coexist with relational data in 2013
Big data's children -- NoSQL and Hadoop, especially -- harness parallel processing to churn reams of Web data. As 2013 dawns, they hold great interest.
- Red Hat ups IaaS ante with ManageIQ acquisition
Heterogeneous hybrid clouds are officially all the rage in IaaS, as Red Hat shores up its CloudForms with cloud management software from ManageIQ.
- Rackspace CTO discusses cloud trends, reveals 2013 cloud automation plans
Rackspace CTO predicts major IT skill changes due to cloud trends in 2013 and offers a glimpse into upcoming cloud automation tools.
- Top 12 2012: Readers' favorite GRC management articles of the year
In our 'top 12 of 2012,' read SearchCompliance.com's most-viewed articles from the past year, and discover GRC management advice and best practices.
- IT Priorities Survey: Compliance strategy top-ranked 2013 initiative
Compliance strategy will continue to be hugely important to businesses in 2013, according to respondents to the TechTarget IT Priorities Survey.