Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- XBRL tagging: What is it really good for?
In this Q&A, find out why one expert thinks XBRL has the potential to be more useful than finance executives give it credit for.
- Cloud load balancing needs more automation, customer control
Providers need to automate management of cloud load balancing to reduce human error. Giving customers more control will also help.
- News in brief: AWS revenue set for rapid growth, HIPAA to address cloud
In these briefs, experts predict big growth for Amazon Web Services' revenue, FedRAMP approves its first cloud provider, and HIPAA modifications pend.
- Verizon Terremark confronts AWS IaaS with new cloud instances
Verizon Terremark customers welcome new support within the company's Enterprise Cloud IaaS for AWS -like cloud instances.
- Required HIPAA risk assessment a good start for security plans
Practices should not overlook the importance of a HIPAA risk assessment, speakers at a webinar said. It is key to compliance and security improvement.
- CIO and IT team do the heavy lifting in Bally business transformation
Bally Total Fitness CIO Guy Thier is driving business transformation via mobile apps, social media, CRM and a deep knowledge of operations.
- Doctors are sold on technology but worry about EHR regulations
A new survey showed that doctors favor using new technology in their practices, but worry about EHR regulations and other government interference.