Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, January 17, 2013
- Juniper SDN strategy targets BGP and XMPP-based control, service chains
Juniper's SDN strategy focuses on centralizing the management and services planes of the network, and it partially centralizes the control plane.
- Nate Silver turns business analytics into smart business decisions
CIOs can learn to turn business analytics into smart decisions from Nate Silver, who predicts everything from election results to Hall of Fame votes.
- NuoDB cloud data management set to make SQL 'of the cloud'
NuoDB's software said to bring elastic scaling of cloud computing to the SQL database. The goal is to add servers for transactional jobs as needed.
- Mobile collaboration: Small screens present big challenges
Mobile collaboration on small interfaces challenges users who are dependent on mobile devices for document collaboration.
- ERM conference to offer latest in enterprise risk management strategy
Business risk remains a top concern, so organizers of an upcoming conference promise real-world examples and expert tips on cutting-edge ERM strategy.
- Data center titans line up in support of Open Compute Project
Facebook's Open Compute Project has caught on, with AMD and Intel developing motherboards for the project's Open Rack infrastructure.
- New SaaS identity access management tools emerge, outdo legacy IAM
IT departments that need a simple SaaS identity access management tool have a number of options, including a new IAM tool from Identropy.
- ProMat 2013 to showcase innovations in supply chain, logistics
In this pre-conference report, learn what attendees of ProMat 2013 can expect from this year's trade show.
- VMware pros abuzz over CTO Steve Herrod’s departure
VMware CTO Steve Herrod’s departure has customers, partners and analysts wondering what will come next for the company.