Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- Amid criticism, HP pledges to refine SLAs for IaaS
Public cloud SLAs are confusing and incomplete, analysts say; in response, HP reveals plans to update its SLAs for IaaS.
- Sharing patient data poses business, tech issues for radiology
Sharing patient data might be mandated by meaningful use, but specialists fear business and technical repercussions.
- Hardware vs. software: Logitech offers Cisco accessories for Jabber
Logitech releases Cisco accessories to complement Jabber software, as businesses make the transition from hardware to software unified communications.
- Red October malware attacks highlight attribution problems
The recent Red October attacks show not only a new level of complexity, but an ongoing problem with attack attribution.
- Social collaboration software: A 'bottom-up' movement breaking down barriers
Social collaboration software is meant to make work easier, but it can have the opposite effect on managers, employees, business processes and IT.
- Security pros have mixed reactions to updated HIPAA regulations
The newly updated HIPAA regulations bring certainty to many areas of privacy and security, but could make life hard for compliance officers.
- New breach notification rules demand documentation
Changes to the breach notification rule in the HIPAA omnibus set a high bar. Covered entities with inadequate records could face enforcement actions.
- Virtual private clouds offer customers SLA security
Virtual private clouds can get the best of both the public and private cloud worlds, some enterprises say.