Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
- Q&A: Maintaining the data governance and compliance rules balance act
Technology law expert Jeffrey Ritter discusses the complications -- and benefits -- that arise from combining data governance and compliance processes.
- Office productivity software choices, once easy, now are complicated
Once a standard desktop, Windows OS and Microsoft office productivity software were easy choices for IT. Why things have gotten much more complicated.
- CIO's cloud solutions meet collaboration needs and speed up innovation
The U. of Michigan CIO talks about embracing cloud solutions as part of a school-wide strategy of adopting cutting-edge tech to drive innovation.
- BYOD presents mobile data backup opportunity for providers
Cloud providers can help their customers protect crucial information being stored on employee devices by providing mobile data backup offerings.
- ONC explains shifting approach to national health information network
The ONC's approach to building a national health information network changed over the past year. ONC chief explains why.
- Financial management systems broken, but CFOs still not sold on SaaS
In a webinar, Workday executives discussed CFOs' top concerns with current financial management systems and how they are approaching replacements.
- 'Big data' analytics technology breathes new life into literature
Data analytics technology has embraced the written word as a new treasure-trove of information about the world we live in.
- Critical infrastructure security: Electric industry shows the path
Expert Brian Zimmet believes the electric industry is the one to watch for a look at the future of critical infrastructure security regulations.