Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, January 31, 2013
- New F5 firewall pits ADC vendor against crowded market
F5 Networks announced a new firewall that integrates with the company's existing application delivery and security products.
- BlackBerry 10 operating system attempts consumer/enterprise balancing act
The BlackBerry 10 operating system focuses on consumers, but some BB10 features, such as screen sharing, caught IT’s eye. Will they be enough?
- VoIP vs. PSTN: VoIP heats up as the PSTN moves into retirement
As service providers kill the public switched telephone network in favor of IP phone services, users ponder how VoIP vs. PTSN issue affects business.
- Enterprise social collaboration hinges on integration in 2013
Enterprise social collaboration vendors need to provide better context and information is so organizations can take advantage of collaboration tools.
- Quantum takes another shot at EMC Data Domain with DXi6800
Is the newest Quantum DXi backup appliance the one that will finally break EMC Data Domain's iron hold on the market?
- Sobering stats push online data security and privacy into spotlight
One analysis found an uptick in breaches in 2012, but simple, organization-wide controls could be the key to maintaining data security and privacy.
- Dell weaves a tangled web with vCloud, OpenStack
Dell's latest cloud computing strategy hinges on OpenStack, and it may be Dell's last chance to gain a significant foothold in the market.
- Dell cloud strategy could benefit from going private, partners say
As Dell changes its tune on cloud computing once again, some partners say going private could actually help the company regain focus.
- New departmental installed applications tool virtualizes tough apps
Liquidware Labs' new FlexApp departmental installed applications tool gives IT another way to deliver apps to end users in VDI environments.