Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- Oracle's Acme Packet acquisition could spur IP migration
Oracle announces intent to acquire Acme Packet to accelerate IP migration.
- FalconStor Software names new channel exec, reaches toward midmarket
FalconStor Software has hired Tracy Balent to oversee resellers in the Americas. Find out what she says about the company's plans for the midmarket.
- Get executive approval for enterprise BI projects by emphasizing value
Database, application and senior IT managers can get executive approval for their BI projects by spotlighting the value of proper implementation.
- Opscode files down steep learning curve with Chef 11
Opscode's Chef 11 beckons to enterprises with better scalability and new usability features for systems management automation.
- IT pros hope Dell going private will improve products, integration
Dell customers hope the deal to take Dell private will result in more streamlined and organized product lines.
- News briefs: Dell cloud questioned, Joyent offers Hadoop service
This week, analysts probe Dell's cloud strategy around OpenStack, while Joyent unveils a Hadoop service and enterprises eschew high-risk contracts.
- Cisco boosts cloud networking with Nexus 6000, 1000v InterCloud
Cisco launched the Nexus 6000 for leaf-spine networks, its SDN controller and the Nexus 1000v InterCloud for connecting multiple clouds.
- Acme Packet buy designed to enhance Oracle communications portfolio
Oracle's $1.7 billion acquisition of Acme Packet is mainly to bolster Oracle communications software, experts say.