Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Four questions to consider when looking for cloud cost savings
Forrester analyst James Staten zeroes in on four questions CIOs should ask to determine if they're on the right track for cloud cost savings.
- PartnerPath study: IT channel management strategy comes under scrutiny
Solution providers would like to see three key areas of vendors' channel management strategies improved, according to a PartnerPath survey.
- Microsoft cloud computing: Windows Azure cloud data privacy explained
- Cloud consulting services: Providers easing customers into the cloud
As customers look to providers for cloud consulting services, providers must sell appropriate services, while maintaining a profitable cloud business.
- Benefits of hosted email service stretch beyond cost savings
Migrating to a hosted email service can save money and provide flexibility for mobile productivity, bundled tools and less infrastructure maintenance.
- The body count is new, but UPnP security issues are embarrassingly old
HD Moore unveiled research showing wide-scale UPnP security issues last week, but some of the problems have been known for years.
- NoSQL vs. SQL: What's best for the different data types of BI?
With all the different segments of data in BI, are SQL or NoSQL efficient enough to handle all of your organization's data, or are platform-based technologies the answer?
- Network Innovation Award: Big Switch's OpenFlow SDN architecture
Big Switch's OpenFlow SDN architecture, which includes a controller, network virtualization app and monitoring tool, won the Network Innovation Award.