Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 7, 2013
- Cloud NAS bails out design firm after hurricane
New York design firm DS+R found its cloud NAS setup wasn't ready for primetime as primary storage, but it came in handy when disaster struck.
- IBM 'mini' PureApplication System may cause sticker shock
Is the price of IBM's new entry-level PureApplication System low enough to broaden its appeal?
- FTC mobile privacy guidelines put mobile ecosystem and CIOs on notice
If CIOs haven't updated their data privacy laws to include mobile data, the FTC's new mobile privacy guidelines make it clear that the time has come.
- Beamforming technology thwarts network degradation from tablet-turning
Mobile device orientation changes affect wireless network performance, but Ruckus beamforming technology strengthens Wi-Fi signal to mobile devices.
- Q&A: Best of OpenStack Folsom, a 2012 recap, and what's coming in Grizzly
In this Q&A, the OpenStack Foundation's chairman highlights features of the Folsom release, recaps the project's 2012 progress and previews Grizzly.
- OpenStack Foundation head reflects on OpenStack cloud and 2013 outlook
OpenStack Chairman Alan Clark outlines his expectations for the progress of OpenStack cloud deployments in 2013 in the second half of this Q&A.
- Backupify to offer APIs for third-party vendors
Backup and recovery SaaS provider Backupify announced a set of APIs for third-party vendors to include in their applications.
- Research: Indirect sales of IT products flat in 2012
NPD Group data shows indirect sales of IT products through distributors grew less than 1% in 2012 and reseller sales dropped by about the same amount.
- Dell SAN strategy examined after move to go private
Even before the company decided to go private, the Dell SAN business was in transition as it integrated technologies collected through acquisition.
- Enterprise app management tools evolve for mobile productivity
IT needs better application and data management tools to support the growing array of enterprise mobile productivity scenarios.