Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, February 8, 2013
- TLS security: Background on the 'Lucky Thirteen' attack
Professor Kenneth Paterson and graduate student Nadhem AlFardan have discovered a TLS attack that tracks the timing of error messages to reveal plaintext.
- BYOD near death? Surely you jest
This week's Searchlight illuminates some dark predictions for BYOD and applications. Plus our semi-regular reminder of the vast power of social media.
- Microsoft Office 365 cloud data privacy rules explained
Microsoft complies with a number of standards to reassure Office 365 customers that it doesn’t look at their data; though they certainly could.
- What is Cisco spin-in Insieme Networks building?
Job advertisements published over the last six months by Insieme Networks, Cisco's SDN spin-in, hint at what the company is doing.
- What makes SDN and network virtualization matter? Campus network apps
SDN and network virtualization are touted as data center technologies, but they won't take off at the average enterprise until campus LAN apps emerge.
- Vendor spotlight: PHD Virtual shows off expertise with VM backups
Startup PHD Virtual's expertise with VM backups goes past VMware to Citrix XenServer, with plans to add multi-hypervisor management.
- Symantec partner program gains new revenue opportunities
Symantec partners now have the option to sell Symantec Website Security Solutions and the GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center to enterprise customers.