Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- VMware creates new vCenter Operations Manager 'gateway drug' bundle
VMware pros welcome the move to bundle vCenter Operations Manager with vSphere and charge per CPU, echoing pricing changes for vRAM and vCloud Suite.
- Microsoft patches vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Exchange
In a busy February Patch Tuesday, Microsoft fixed another critical Oracle vulnerability in Exchange. Plus, Internet Explorer received fixes.
- Developing an incident response plan of attack in the data age
Data minimization is one tactic SMBs should consider as they develop and revamp data breach prevention and incident response plans.
- BYOD near death? Surely you jest
This week's Searchlight illuminates some dark predictions for BYOD and applications. Plus our semi-regular reminder of the vast power of social media.
- Dell business transformation: Is the CIO the glue or change agent?
What does the $24 billion Dell deal to go private mean for the company's CIO? Global's Andi Karaboutis says it's business transformation as usual.
- What is BYOD? Developers redefine the answer
Ask mobile software developers 'What is BYOD?' and, along with the reply 'bring your own device,' they are quick to add 'but some restrictions apply.'
- Open source community heckles Oracle Linux update
The Oracle Linux update is just Red Hat in Oracle clothing, observers say. But it is enterprise-ready.
- Radware buys Strangeloop Networks for Web application optimization
With Radware's acquisition of Strangeloop Networks, Web application optimization is consolidated further into application delivery controllers.
- Mobility, risk management on display at ARC World Industry Forum 2013
A keynote at the ARC World Industry Forum emphasizes mobility, information-driven manufacturing and risk management trends to watch.
- Exchange 2010 SP3 released, Exchange 2013 migrations still on hold
Despite being told that Exchange 2010 SP3 would allow for coexistence with Exchange 2013, administrators must still wait on planned migrations.
- Software quality assurance testing pros: Act like a journalist
A software QA professional and former journalist explains how building strong relationships with project stakeholders results in better software.
- Obama's cybersecurity executive order issued for critical infrastructure
President Obama issued an executive order aimed at fostering public-private information sharing among critical infrastructure sectors.
- F5's LineRate Systems acquisition: Modernization path for F5 TMOS
F5 Networks' acquisition of LineRate Systems should allow the company to modernize its core TMOS software and its iRules scripting engine.
- VMware shops greet Virsto arrival with caution
Though VMware acquired storage I/O acceleration software maker Virsto Software, some IT pros question the potential benefits of adding another layer.