Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 14, 2013
- Propalms adopts orphaned Pano Logic assets
Propalms, a U.K.-based software vendor, has acquired the assets of Pano Logic, which went belly up last fall and left customers in the lurch.
- Video conferencing software and hardware: Hybrid approach needed
Mobility spurs video conferencing software need; users want software- and cloud-based offerings to interoperate with their legacy video hardware.
- ConnectWise PSA suite gains customer monitoring, prospecting tools
Client Heartbeat, a customer monitoring tool, and Klpz, for telephone prospecting, are being added to the ConnectWise PSA portfolio.
- Strategic HR requires accurate data and a broad perspective
Human resources managers hungering after a 'seat at the table' can achieve strategic HR by connecting metrics to business outcomes, one VP of HR says.
- School of Rock humming with Salesforce's Do task management application
Dropbox, Google Drive, Harvest and other services are now available on Salesforce's Do application.
- Cisco rolls out Cisco Business Edition 6000 partner incentives
Cisco unveils incentives for the midmarket-aimed Cisco Business Edition 6000, including lower certification requirements and sales and marketing help.
- Veeam moves VM backups to the cloud
Veeam Software is the latest on-premises backup software vendor to embrace the cloud, using it to copy VM backups already on disk.
- Preston: Lack of support makes free backup software a gamble
The promise of free backup software is appealing to many SMBs, but backup expert W. Curtis Preston says you get what you pay for.
- Apple iOS 6.1 Exchange 2010 bug hits transaction logs hard
A problem in the latest iPhone and iPad operating system generates an endless loop of transaction logs that can slow Exchange 2010 servers to a crawl.