Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, February 18, 2013
- ForeScout CounterACT integrates with MDM vendors AirWatch, MobileIron
ForeScout CounterACT combines its network access control product with mobile device management from AirWatch and MobileIron to help IT enable secure enterprise mobility.
- A longtime student of IT's top leader asks, 'What is a CIO?'
What is a CIO? After years of observation, TechTarget's Scot Petersen knows what a CIO is not and gets close to a definition that holds up today.
- Despite storage hang-ups, U.S. Army outfits hospitals with VDI project
A widespread U.S. Army VDI project brought virtual desktops to military hospital staff so they could access applications from multiple devices.
- Product Spotlight: DR/BC offerings for the enterprise
In this Product Spotlight, learn how new DR/BC offerings from RSA and Continuum could benefit business priorities and compliance managers' strategies.
- PCI SSC introduces cloud compliance guidelines
A branch of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council has released guidelines designed to clarify the murky rules of cloud compliance.
- ONF fees block engineers from contributing to the OpenFlow protocol
Many engineers can't contribute to OpenFlow protocol development because they can't afford the Open Networking Foundation's $30,000 membership fee.
- Enterprise app security tops list for enterprise mobile deployments
Enterprises have yet to roll out mobile versions of most of their applications, a recent survey says. One key factor moving forward is security.