Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- CIO's mastery of M&A puts her at center of Dell's turnaround strategy
Dell Global CIO Andi Karaboutis expounds on being in the thick of Dell's turnaround strategy.
- BYOD program, social business tool make Dell IT a partner to employees
Dell's global CIO talks about a new BYOD program, social networks and her relationship with CEO Michael Dell.
- HP Global Partner Conference 2013 highlights streamlined PartnerOne
At HP's Global Partner Conference in Las Vegas, the company rolled out a slew of changes to PartnerOne, focusing on easier rebates and certifications.
- WD, QNAP, Apricorn release new products; STORServer offers free TSM upgrade
In the SMB space, WD, QNAP and Apricorn announced new products, while STORServer offered a free TSM upgrade.
- VMware plays catch-up to Microsoft with Virsto acquisition
Server and desktop administrators alike will be interested in VMware's Virsto acquisition, which brings better thin provisioning and more for VDI.
- News briefs: Dropbox for Teams gets revamp, IBM's Watson fights cancer
In this week's news briefs, the Watson supercomputer takes on cancer, an update adds security tools to Dropbox for Teams and Rackspace stock plunges.
- Follow-me data vendors to offer mobile Office suite integration
Storage and file-sync vendors Accellion, ShareFile and Box will add mobile Office suite features to their mobile apps by year's end.
- HP StoreSystem: New converged system combines 3PAR, StoreOnce
HP's new StoreSystem converged system combines 3PAR StoreServ storage and software with StoreOnce deduplication.
- Mobile app dev meets agile best practices
The demand for mobile apps and how quickly those apps need to change is persuading some companies to embrace agile best practices.
- Leaked: Insieme Networks is building massive fabric controller
A source says Cisco spin-in Insieme Networks is building a fabric controller for massive leaf-spine architecture, application-defined networking.
- Metadata practices gaining momentum as companies tackle 'big data'
Companies have long considered metadata secondary to analytics and data management programs, but with the advent of 'big data,' that's changing.
- TDWI 2013 attendees look to connect 'big data' and business value
Attendees at the TDWI 2013 executive summit studied data initiatives to connect 'big data' and business value.