Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- HP channel partners welcome new rules to avoid channel conflict
HP channel partners say the company's new rules of engagement are a good step toward overcoming channel conflict with HP's sales teams.
- HIMSS launches innovation center to test EHR interoperability
Federal regulators want EHR interoperability now. A new HIMSS center could let vendors test data liquidity.
- Professional groups see lack of evidence in meaningful use criteria
How much clinical evidence supports the meaningful use criteria? Some say not enough.
- ERP deployment delays growing longer, survey finds
A combination of economic and organizational factors is slowing down ERP deployment projects, according to a new report.
- IP address management solutions: Overlay vs. replacement
IP address management (IPAM) solutions are generally considered low preference, but they can make enormous change for a little investment.
- GE cloud platform poised to bring automation into connected world
The machines are getting smarter. GE's Bernie Anger talks about the next big thing in cloud -- automation systems that run on cloud platforms.
- VMware mobile management tool to launch without Horizon Mobile
IT admins can securely manage mobile devices through VMware's Horizon Workspace suite, if they are willing to lock-in with VMware.
- Automation cloud platform built around modern IT security protocols
Sharing data by cloud platform is the next frontier in the automation industry. GE's Bernie Anger talks about why it's secure and key for advancement.
- VMware folds View into Horizon Suite, eliminates low-end VDI pricing
VMware has put View and Mirage into the Horizon Suite to integrate its end-user computing management tools into a single stack -- for a price.
- Buying social software won't give you a social networking strategy
Enterprise social software spending is increasing, but business needs a social networking strategy to ensure employees use the technology.