Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Mobile backup infrastructure basics for cloud providers
Cloud providers need strong backup infrastructure to support mobile data, with distributed data centers and broad WAN connectivity.
- VCE tweaks Vblock line with low cost converged infrastructure systems
VCE's new lower-cost Vblocks are a step in the right direction, but the converged infrastructure systems may not make a splash in today's today's data center.
- HP software revenue: Company looks to partners to drive more business
HP sets strategy to increase software revenue from $4B to $45B by leaning more on partners; focus is on IT management/cloud, security and big data.
- HP blends WLAN controller into wired switching to support BYOD
HP offers WLAN controller module for campus core chassis and a switch with WLAN control functionality for integrated wired and wireless networking.
- Riverbed Whitewater adds Glacier support, virtual appliances
Riverbed Whitewater cloud backup platform adds support for Amazon Glacier and Google Cloud Storage, as well as two larger capacity virtual appliances.