Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, February 25, 2013
- Strata 2013 attendees to explore big data and the business singularity
Speakers and exhibiting vendors offer an advance glimpse at this week's O'Reilly Strata Conference, including big data's impact on economies of scale.
- Data mining challenges on the horizon: Got big data? Now what?
Sure, volume is a challenge. Velocity too. But it's the data mining challenges presented by big data that CIOs need to get their heads around.
- CommVault adds global dedupe, simplified management to Simpana 10
CommVault upgrades its data protection and management software, adding global deduplication and a simpler way to manage workflow in Simpana 10.
- Networking blog roundup: Cisco NAM; why BGP matters in an SDN world
In this week's networking blog roundup, bloggers consider the significance of the new Cisco NAM and troubleshoot high CPU usage in an ASA firewall.
- DHS cybersecurity boss pushes 'cyber 911', new voluntary standards
At the CSA Summit 2013, Mark Weatherford said the DHS 'cyber 911' service will better support the private sector, and new voluntary standards are in the works.
- Kaminsky: Fostering improved security culture demands societal change
At B-Sides San Francisco, Dan Kaminsky discussed how society inhibits its own security culture, and the need to look beyond status-quo technology.