Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- Hadoop framework breathes new life into Ancestry.com legacy tools
Ancestry.com tackles DNA testing with the help of the Hadoop framework, and discovers that moving to big data technologies takes time and teamwork.
- VMware PEX 2013: VMware rolls out cloud 'credits,' role-based accreditation, more
At VMware PEX 2013 in Las Vegas, VMware announced VMware Cloud Credits Purchasing Program for channel partners to sell to customers.
- News briefs: AWS cloud storage slips to Azure, VCE debuts new Vblocks
In these news briefs, Microsoft Azure bests AWS cloud in performance tests, and VCE targets midsize firms with two Vblock Systems and new software.
- Sudden Windows Server 2012 updates could spell trouble for RDS
Windows Server 2012 updates that cause sudden reboots have IT pros wondering what that means for VDI and RDS environments.
- B-Sides: Akamai's Corman calls for new information security focus
At Security B-Sides 2013, Joshua Corman railed against PCI DSS and vendor profit measures, calling for a renewed information security focus on what really matters.
- Security B-Sides presenter questions value of penetration testing
At Security B-Sides San Francisco, Brett Hardin asked why organizations hire penetration testers and assessed the value of penetration testing.
- Coviello pitches 'transformational' information security strategy
In a talk critical of cyberattack finger-pointing, Art Coviello stressed the need for infosec strategy to emphasize big data, interconnectivity.