Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, March 1, 2013
- 49ers scout for better football players with SAP analytics
At least one NFL team is looking to improve its draft-day decisions with new SAP analytics software.
- Strata speaker cites key characteristics for success in data science
Senior research scientist Rachel Schutt offers a rundown of the common traits shared by people who have been successful in the field of data science.
- Confronting MapReduce, Hadoop problems and complexities
Hadoop problems and the complexity of its associated MapReduce model confront the big data newbie at every turn. There are some good first steps, however.
- Cloud: Transforming the Indian IT industry
In the recent troubled economic times, business priorities have changed, driving cloud adoption in Indian enterprises.
- Much ado about Yahoo cutting the telecommuting cord
Searchlight looks at the ballyhoo over Yahoo cutting off telecommuting, a surprising find in cybersecurity, amazing MIT tech and more.
- The history of business intelligence and analytics and what comes next
A look back at the history of business intelligence and analytics reveals where data analytics has been, where it stands, and where it’s going.
- Verizon partners: New tiered benefits, certification requirements
Verizon is revamping its partner program, adding a new tiered structure, certification requirements and registration of enterprise-level deals.