Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, March 4, 2013
- RSA 2013 crowd awed by live 'sinkholing' in P2P botnet takeover
Tillmann Werner of CrowdStrike wowed onlookers with a live 'sinkholing' demonstration, taking down the Kelihos P2P botnet.
- New Samsung Android devices take on iOS for enterprise mobility
Samsung wants to displace Apple and BlackBerry for enterprise mobility, but adoption of its new devices could be hindered by their use of Android.
- New cloud cost analysis tools shave thousands off AWS bills
Cloud cost analysis tools from Cloudyn, CloudCheckr and others give Amazon Web Services customers' wallets a break.
- Emerging threats include kinetic attack, offensive forensics: RSA 2013
Ed Skoudis and Johannes Ullrich of SANS discussed offensive forensics at RSA Conference 2013, as well as the potential effects of a kinetic attack.
- Studies: EHR implementation falling prey to health IT labor shortage
In a health IT labor shortage, IT leaders need to think long term for successful EHR implementation.
- Cisco partner executed rapid network deployment for U.S. VP debate
Cisco partner Boice.net helped deploy a temporary network to support thousands of media and officials during last fall's vice presidential debate.
- Mobile Backend as a Service bridges legacy systems and mobile devices
Mobile Backend as a Service helps enterprises extend legacy databases to mobile devices or Web apps through APIs and connectors.
- Strata speaker calls for increased focus on data scientist education
Society should do more to encourage the next generation of data scientists, according to a speaker at last week's O'Reilly Strata Conference.
- Oracle Database Appliance x3-2 due out Tuesday
A major upgrade to the Oracle Database Appliance x3-2 gives it some of the Exadata platform's high-end features, although it isn't quite there yet.