Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- CIO bets on Agile methodology to drive change at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's CIO counts on the benefits of an Agile methodology to help the publisher bring educational content into the digital age.
- HIMSS 2013 New Orleans: Avnet, partners set up shop
Avnet has a big presence at HIMSS 2013 New Orleans, showcasing services, hardware and software along with eight of its partners.
- OCR officials say HIPAA audits are learning moments, not punishment
Few providers relish going through a HIPAA audit. But representatives of the Office for Civil Rights say there isn't much to worry about.
- Appliance futures: Private cloud to drive use of integrated systems
Experts predict that the use of integrated systems like IBM PureSystems and Oracle Exalogic will grow in the future, driven by interest in private cloud.
- Surface Pro tablet early adopters offer mixed reviews, report issues
The new Surface Pro tablet for business has some issues out of the box that Microsoft needs to address quickly.
- Prep school gains cloud backup solution through TwinStrata array
TwinStrata CloudArray gives St. John's Prep a cloud backup solution today, and may be used for primary data when the school fills up its SAN array.
- BlackBerry admits to lame mobile browser; takes on BYOD
BlackBerry's executive admits to the company's missteps, but hopes things will change with a fresh mobile browser and cross-platform management.
- Windows shops look to Surface Pro tablet for salvation from BYOD chaos
Windows shops struggling with managing non-Windows devices may be willing to overlook initial problems with the first-generation Surface Pro tablet.
- Microsoft collaboration tools: Is Lync ready for business?
Enterprises like Microsoft collaboration tools for their feature-rich UC, but they wonder if Lync's voice and video reliability is enterprise-grade.
- CFOs advised to exploit BI, rethink ROI to optimize IT budget
During CFO Rising East 2013, AlixPartners consultants encouraged CFOs to split the IT budget into two categories and make analytics a high priority.
- Unified wired and wireless: Aerohive switches and revamped HiveManager
Aerohive campus Ethernet switches and a revamped HiveManager unify networks and improve application visibility and control.