Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- March 2013 Patch Tuesday brings Internet Explorer 8, 'evil maid' fixes
March's Patch Tuesday updates contain fixes for Internet Explorer 8 and a USB drive exploit. Plus, the company released non-security updates.
- News briefs: AWS price cuts and VMware public cloud; taxing the cloud
This week, a feud heats up as AWS prices drop and VMware preps a public cloud. Plus: States debate cloud taxes; Rackspace updates its private cloud.
- Q&A: VMware's software-defined data center pitch to cloud providers
In this Q&A, VMware explains how a software-defined data center can offer efficiency, flexibility and savings for providers.
- In mobile application development does speed to market trump quality?
In mobile application development, is it more important to be fast or to be perfect? It's a fine line, say our three experts in this CIOpinionators.
- The history of business intelligence and analytics and what comes next
A look back at the history of business intelligence and analytics reveals where data analytics has been, where it stands, and where it’s going.
- Data mining challenges on the horizon: Got big data? Now what?
Sure, volume is a challenge. Velocity too. But it's the data mining challenges presented by big data that CIOs need to get their heads around.
- La escazes de profesionales TIC en AL presenta desafíos para la región
La falta de profesionales capacitados en TIC puede limitar las oportunidades de los países para adoptar tecnología, acelerar el crecimiento económico y crear nuevos puestos de trabajo, lo que impactaría la competitividad de estos países.
- Bandwidth constraints obstruct off-site data backup
Enterprises send only two-thirds of their data to off-site backup locations due to bandwidth constraints.
- VMware to compete against AWS with vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service
VMware's upcoming vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service will go up against Amazon Web Services for the hearts and minds of enterprise IaaS customers.