Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 14, 2013
- Microsoft fixes Surface Pro tablet bugs with March Patch Tuesday release
Microsoft releases firmware update in its Patch Tuesday release for Surface Pro tablets, fixing Wi-Fi connectivity and other issues.
- Automated tiering helps digital forensics firm get the most out of SAN
Digital forensics firm D4 extends its storage capability and saves on expensive disks with Dell Compellent's Data Progression automated tiering.
- Oracle's Nimbula IaaS buy sparks open source speculation
Oracle's acquisition of Nimbula this week set the industry abuzz with speculation about whether Oracle will go the open source cloud route.
- Convergence conference should highlight changes to Microsoft Dynamics
Answers to product changes could come as New Orleans hosts the four-day Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2013 conference.
- Third platform of IT goes mainstream at IDC Directions 2013
Convergence of cloud computing, mobility, social media and big data were again the focus of annual IDC conference.
- Obama, business leaders meet to discuss U.S. cybersecurity strategy
President Obama met with high-profile business leaders this week to discuss how the private sector can work together on U.S. cybersecurity strategy.
- DoD security panel calls for new cyber-defense, offense
A Pentagon advisory panel suggests both beefed-up U.S. cyber-defenses and a proactive plan for offense.
- Secunia: More focus needed on third-party application security
Secunia highlights the growing need for better third-party application security, plus Microsoft's security improvements, and the growing cost of zero-days.
- FlyScript enables programmable networks across all Riverbed products
With FlyScript, Riverbed adds programmable networking that integrates all of its products, from network performance monitoring to ADCs and WOCs.