Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
- Microsoft plays up new Office collaboration tools to boost Windows 8
Microsoft encourages customers to buy Windows 8 for the collaboration tools in Office 2013, but many IT shops already use Web-based alternatives.
- Are legacy voice attitudes holding back unified communications?
At Enterprise Connect 2013, some enterprises are still trying to merge legacy voice into the rest of their IT organizations.
- IT shops put off Windows XP migration to Windows 7, Windows 8
Enterprise IT needs to begin Windows XP migrations to Windows 7 because the product's lifecycle ends in 2014.
- Enterprise Connect keynote: Cisco retail collaboration experience
During his keynote at Enterprise Connect, Cisco's Rob Lloyd demoed an enhanced shopping experience through collaboration technology.
- Farzad Mostashari talks interoperability, usability, sequester, more
In a wide-ranging discussion, Farzad Mostashari, M.D., talks patient data interoperability, improving usability and fallout from the budget sequester.
- Vidyo bets on virtual video conferencing for desktop adoption
Vidyo is banking on virtual video conferencing software to drive desktop video adoption among businesses, claiming high growth in advance.