Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 21, 2013
- Dell and Object Management Group to launch an SDN standards body
Dell hopes SDN standards from the Object Management Group will ensure open and fair competition -- unlike those from other SDN standards bodies.
- Convergence attendees rethink CRM initiatives for the modern era
Business people attending the Microsoft Dynamics Convergence conference talk about the difficulties and rewards associated with CRM initiatives.
- Lack of enterprise Windows 8 app development tools complicates upgrades
Companies considering a move to the latest Windows OS may have to delay upgrades due to a lack of enterprise Windows 8 app development tools.
- Huawei security issues are result of 'rumors,' says Huawei executive
Huawei security issues threating national security are 'rumors' lacking supporting evidence, a Huawei France executive tells LeMagIT.
- Softphones provide better communication flexibility for BYOD era
Mobility has led some IT departments to deliver telephony and unified communication tools via softphone technology.
- MSPWorld 2013: Managed security services demand on the rise
At MSPWorld 2013 in Orlando, Fla., Forrester analyst Edward Ferrara points to customer cloud readiness and key drivers of managed security services.
- MSPAlliance: No need to look beyond our MSP, cloud certification
The MSPAlliance is calling on MSPs and cloud providers to support its MSP and cloud certification standard, the Unified Certification Standard.