Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Panel: Cyber-intelligence alone can't stop enterprise security threats
Panelists at the SANS Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit lament the challenges of using cyber-intelligence to thwart enterprise security threats.
- News briefs: eBay eyes OpenStack vs. VMware, Cisco buys SolveDirect
In these news briefs, eBay and PayPal pick the winner in the OpenStack vs. VMware debate, Cisco acquires SolveDirect and CloudStack grows up.
- Cybercrime is on the minds of board members; CIOs, CISOs rejoice
Board members are seeking out CIOs' and CISOs' advice on cybercrime as it creeps into their proprietary domain: revenue and investor perception.
- CIO bets on Agile methodology to drive change at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's CIO counts on the benefits of an Agile methodology to help the publisher bring educational content into the digital age.
- HIMSS 2013 attendees explain importance of nursing informatics
Most IT systems are designed and implemented with physicians in mind. But health systems shouldn't overlook the importance of nursing informatics.
- Chief content officer can create value from content management noise
The Google Reader RSS controversy could give chief content officers an opportunity to see what matters in content management and what doesn't.
- Big Switch releases open source OpenFlow switch software
To catalyze the SDN market, Big Switch announces Switch Light, open source OpenFlow switch software.
- Data protection vendors add options for cloud backups
To help their customers get used to cloud backups, software and hardware vendors add options for moving protected copies of data to public clouds.
- APT y DDoS: Aumentan las amenazas a la infraestructura de TI
Los hallazgos principales del World Infrastructure Security Report 2012 (WISR), realizado por Arbor Networks, destacan las APT y DDoS.
- Benefits of clinical decision support key to optimizing EHRs
The benefits of clinical decision support don't just complement EHR use -- they can make or break it.
- Citrix updates self-service cloud portal to pave the way for XaaS
Citrix's new self-service cloud portal software serves as an easy-to-use cloud orchestration tool for providers to deliver Anything as a Service.
- WebRTC: Bringing real-time communications to the next level
The emergence of Web real-time communications promises voice- and video-enabled Web browsers. What should enterprises do to prepare?
- Middleware tools for integrating SAP, third-party software growing
Middleware options for integrating SAP and non-SAP software are increasing. Choosing the right one depends on a range of factors, say experts.
- Windows 8 app updates streamline user experience across devices
Microsoft's Windows 8 app updates are a step in the right direction, but may not provide enterprise users with the functionality they need.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant finds rising demand for data warehouse services
A look at the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems and more data management news from around the Web.
- App integration woes: Even in cloud age, pain is still acute
App integration remains a pain point for software development. Learn why cloud app integration remains promising.