Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, March 29, 2013
- With social networking layer, Amazon flexes digital-disruption muscle
In this week's Searchlight: Amazon plays disruptor once again with its buy of social networking site Goodreads, cyberattacks get scarier and more.
- Big data analytics software for intelligence community goes commercial
IT shops that need to analyze huge volumes of data can look to a newly available big data analytics tool that was previously reserved for the intelligence community.
- Infographic: ONF gauges SDN market growth, SDN benefits
In anticipation of the Open Networking Summit, the ONF gathered expert research on SDN market growth and SDN benefits.
- Desktop as a Service options increase on demand for cloud services
Companies that want to deliver virtual desktops but can't justify VDI costs see cloud-hosted desktops as a viable -- if not better -- alternative.
- Tom Davenport on using analytics to influence business decision-makers
Analytics guru Tom Davenport gives a peek into his latest book, 'Keeping Up with the Quants: Your Guide to Understanding and Using Analytics.'
- Optimizing past health IT projects a focus of tech leaders at HIMSS
Many health care leaders are holding off on launching new initiatives in 2013 as they focus on getting value out of past health IT projects.
- Visualization tools critical to big data decisions but still immature
Analytics guru Tom Davenport gives a peek into his latest book and talks about why visualization tools matter to big data and analytics.
- Global IT consultancy chooses cloud WAN optimization over hardware
A global IT consultancy chooses Aryaka's cloud WAN optimization service over traditional hardware-based vendors.
- Amazon S3 breach underscores cloud data security needs
Although IT cedes some control by using public cloud, cloud data security ultimately falls on the organization -- not the vendor.