Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- Riverbed improves performance management tools with OpNet technology
Riverbed combines application acceleration and network performance management tools into one new offering for customers.
- ConnectWise rolls out integrated ModernOffice Suite
Release of suite integrating PSA, RMM and quoting software signals ConnectWise move toward an end-to-end IT lifecycle management tool for VARs, MSPs.
- The Cisco SDN story to investors: Hardware matters, VMware no threat
Cisco hit the road to explain the Cisco SDN strategy to investors. The key messages: Hardware still matters in SDN … and VMware is no threat.
- Tintri adds asynchronous replication for virtual machines
Asynchronous replication of virtual machines is the highlight of VM-aware storage array startup Tintri's second-generation operating system.
- Obama cybersecurity executive order may have healthcare implications
President Obama's cybersecurity executive order hasn't yet included healthcare. If it does, watch for compliance mandates, grant funds.
- Bocada expands, customizes backup reporting and monitoring
Bocada gives its Prism, Vison and vpConnect backup monitoring and reporting software new features, including customizable dashboards.
- Cloud pricing and sales in spotlight at Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2013
At Ingram Micro Cloud Summit, cloud services experts discuss cloud pricing and packaging strategies, as well as ways to develop a cloud sales culture.
- OpenDaylight: Can hardware vendors really lead open source SDN?
With the OpenDaylight Project, vendors are hoping to collaborate on open source SDN. But it could turn into a battlefield for an SDN holy war.
- For CISOs, California Right to Know Act would raise privacy emphasis
The proposed California Right to Know Act may compel CISOs to develop additional privacy policies or create new privacy officer roles.
- Critical RDP, Internet Explorer fixes included in Patch Tuesday update
April's Patch Tuesday update fixes 13 vulnerabilities in IE, Remote Desktop Protocol, SharePoint 2013, Active Directory and Windows Defender.