Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
- News briefs: Amazon Storage Gateway to run in Hyper-V, Moonshot launch
This week, Amazon's Storage Gateway expands to support Hyper-V, HP launches Moonshot and Rackspace launches OpenStack package for service providers.
- Manual OpenStack upgrades remain labor-intensive
OpenStack upgrades need to be easier, given how often new versions of the open source cloud management platform are released, IT pros say.
- Cloud computing templates give IT teams control
Cloud computing templates can make cloud server builds easier and give IT admins some cloud control.
- Leadership development: Traits of top test managers
Leadership development advice for test managers: Break rules, question conventional wisdom, develop self-awareness, and keep your ego in check.
- EMC pushes Data Domain for backup and archiving
EMC tweaks Data Domain OS to ingest archived data faster, and pushes its dedupe staple as a consolidation play for backup and archiving on one box.
- Hitachi Data Systems aims HDIM at copy data
Hitachi Data Systems launches Hitachi Data Instance Manager (HDIM), which it says will bring smart copy data management across an organization.
- SSH keys audited automatically by free tool
SSH Communications Security will offer a free tool for auditing SSH key use within large organizations at next week's Infosecurity Europe conference.
- Emerging antiphishing tools use testing, training to educate users
Emerging enterprise antiphishing tools use testing, training to help users recognize bogus messages, addressing a long-standing defensive pain point.
- Desktop virtualization companies take on mobility
The cancellation of Citrix Synergy Europe is just another indication that the virtualized desktop market is moving toward mobility.
- What CIOs can learn from Facebook's success with data discovery tools
Three hundred million photos uploaded to the site daily? Check. World's largest Hadoop cluster? Check. Data discovery in users' hands? Priceless.