Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Combining app, device and network access control for BYOD management
Aruba has announced Workspace, a wireless network management tool that combines NAC, MDM and MAM for an integrated approach to BYOD management.
- SDN blog roundup: OpenFlow and SDN, F5 Networks, Cisco vPath
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss incorporating OpenFlow into an SDN strategy, F5's venture into SDN and vPath from Cisco.
- Oracle competition is worth a look, Collaborate attendees say
There were plenty of messages to take away from Collaborate, but one of the main ones was that Oracle third-party options should not be ignored.
- IT execs remain wary about shared IT budget control
IT shops in conservative enterprises used to directing the IT budget may start to feel the growing power of digital marketing in budgeting decisions.
- Buyer beware: Cloud washing rampant among tech vendors
The cloud computing hype cycle has led many tech vendors to cloud wash their products. Here are the characteristics of a true cloud computing service.
- HHS proposes extending Stark Law exception for EHR donations
If the exception to the Stark Law and anti-kickback laws' safe harbor for EHR donations to physicians are extended, will healthcare systems use them?
- Improved systems will help make EHR benefits real
The benefits of EHRs are much-debated, but they may only become real when systems are designed to facilitate new models of care.
- Republican lawmakers renew criticism of meaningful use criteria
Flaws in the criteria for meaningful use could lead to billions of dollars in wasted taxpayer money, a Senate report says.
- Microsoft uses OpenFlow SDN for network monitoring and analysis
Microsoft is using OpenFlow SDN to aggregate network taps and span ports as an alternative to network packet brokers for monitoring and traffic analysis.
- Vint Cerf: At Google, OpenFlow now runs in all data center networks
At the Open Networking Summit, Google's Vint Cerf said the company re-engineered all of Google's internal data center networks to support OpenFlow.
- Platform support main focus for Symantec backup application roadmaps
Roadmaps for backup applications NetBackup and Backup Exec will favor platform support over features, Symantec VP for product management says.
- Polycom RealPresence video conferencing: One size doesn't fit all
Polycom's RealPresence Group 700 offering targets large environments with side-by-side video and streaming content capabilities.
- OpenStack cloud users share pros and cons
OpenStack users including Bloomberg, Samsung, Best Buy, and others discuss pain points and benefits of their deployments using the open source cloud.
- IT shops seeking IaaS consider Windows Azure Infrastructure Services
IT shops in the midst of determining their cloud strategies see Microsoft’s Windows Azure Infrastructure Services as a viable IaaS alternative to AWS.
- Overheard on Twitter: ONS 2013 feedback
@SearchSDN scoured Twitter for 2013 Open Networking Summit comments. With the hashtag #ONS2013, users tweeted about OpenDaylight, overlays and more.
- Gray box testing and other XP practices on display at STP conference
Agile expert Howard Deiner to explain gray box testing and other important Extreme Programming techniques that bring developers and testers together.