Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 18, 2013
- ONS tweetup April 19: Preview our ONS 2013 questions
Take a peek at our ONS tweetup questions and join us for an ONS 2013-themed tweetup April 19 at 12 p.m. EDT using the hashtag #SDNchat.
- Tech Data makes overtures to the IAMCP Microsoft partner association
Tech Data is looking to strengthen ties with members of the Microsoft channel group IAMCP to increase its customer base and expand its business.
- Analyzing recent developments in the backup software market
Switching backup software products can be a hassle, so it helps to know your options. This article looks at changes in the backup software market.
- Private clouds considered a detour on the road to public cloud
Private cloud has its benefits, but some say the cost of maintaining a data center should dissuade companies from investing in more infrastructure.
- Payers, providers must share data to improve quality of care
To improve quality of care and cut costs, payers must align incentives and share longitudinal patient data with providers.
- NAND shortage could slow pace of flash price drops, squeeze SSD makers
A shortage of NAND in the second half of 2013 could slow flash price drops and squeeze out some SSD vendors, but it won't affect SSD availability.
- Customers still waiting for requested Backup Exec 2012 features
Symantec has yet to fulfill promises made nearly a year ago to restore popular Backup Exec 2012 features that it cut, such as Jobs View.
- Open source monitoring software ready for final release
The Assimilation Monitoring Project nears final release of an open source monitoring tool engineered to tackle IT's 'dirty little secret.'
- Symantec 2013 Threat Report highlights rise in SMB attacks
Big Yellow's annual report indicates a threefold rise in targeted attacks against SMBs as attackers search beyond big firms for susceptible targets.
- Up from the sandbox: Hadoop data management rising in importance
Product debuts by Teradata and IBM illustrate that the need for Hadoop management tools is growing as users move beyond experimental applications.