Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 19, 2013
- Build ecosystems by cross-connecting clients within cloud data centers
Providing customers with cross-connection services within and among a provider's cloud data centers can generate high margins with little investment.
- Cisco Partner Accelerators aim to ease selling of multivendor systems
Partner Accelerator Frameworks promise to make it easier to sell Cisco's joint technology initiatives with Citrix, Microsoft and NetApp.
- New VDI malware analysis tool aids virtual desktop security
An update to HBGary's malware analysis tool will allow IT pros to make virtual desktops more secure without taxing resources.
- Kaminario K2 flash array replaces PCIe with SAS SSDs
Kaminario launches its newest all-flash K2 storage array with 2.5-inch SAS SSDs -- instead of PCIe cards --and a modular 1U design.
- Networking blogs: Network visibility, installing Grizzly with DevStack
In this week's roundup, bloggers explain how to install Grizzly with DevStack and explore the question of visibility in the virtualized network.
- VMware pricing under fire from Hyper-V, cloud
VMware customers can use the emergence of Hyper-V and other competitors to get better deals. If not, adopting these platforms is now a viable option.
- Power of social media, technology irrefutable in times of crisis
The power of social media to inform, connect, heal and perhaps even help solve major crimes has made it an indispensable asset in times of crisis.
- AWS Summit: Hybrid IT a 'proving ground' for cloud-curious enterprises
Many enterprises are embracing cloud by way of hybrid IT architectures. Cloud solutions architect Brian Adler explained at the 2013 AWS Summit.
- Big data technologies promise major advances in health and science
Big data is poised to improve everything from public health to particle physics, and people like Cloudera's Jeff Hammerbacher are leading the way.
- AWS Summit: Focus on time-to-market to pick the right cloud database
Companies must focus on time-to-market concerns to choose the right database for a cloud project, Amazon's Rahul Pathak said at this week's AWS Summit.