Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, April 22, 2013
- ATA president-elect on accountable care, telemedicine benefits
ATA President-Elect Ed Brown discusses the benefits of telemedicine and its future in accountable care organizations.
- ATA: Providers turn to telemedicine services for faster communication
In this Q&A, ATA President-Elect Ed Brown discusses how telemedicine services are being adopted for chronic care, faster stroke care and education.
- Big data analytics firm offers insights into the U.S. Latino consumer
Luminar's Franklin Rios explains how his company is using Hortonworks' Hadoop distribution to deliver insights about the Latino community.
- What healthcare CIOs need to know from Verizon data breach report
Verizon's report on data breaches covers all industries, but says healthcare's focus should be on laptops, thumb drives, credit card data.
- Dell DX Object Storage Platform dumped in favor of software-only model
Dell no longer selling its DX Object Storage Platform as integrated bundle; will make Caringo CAStor object software available as download.
- Five best practices for successful cloud backup
Even though the cloud can help speed disaster recovery, you still need to do proper backup of your cloud data and applications.
- Trusted platform module aids Windows mobile device security
Keeping data safe in mobile devices is the Holy Grail for preventing corporate data loss.
- Product Spotlight: Global compliance services for mobile productivity
In this Product Spotlight, learn about two global compliance services created to boost mobile productivity and enforce compliance for on-the-go employees.
- Amazon promises to lower AWS cloud pricing
The race to the bottom in pricing for cloud services will continue, as Amazon, Microsoft and other providers undercut one another.
- #Compliance: Twitter buzzing about CISPA cybersecurity bill
Social media has been buzzing of late about the House passage of CISPA, as opponents argue the cybersecurity bill is a huge hit to consumer privacy.
- Parallels Management Suite for SCCM lets you manage Mac hypervisors
Parallels Management Suite for SCCM can help IT manage Mac computers and the client hypervisors that many of them run on in virtualized environments.
- Verizon data breach report 2013: Data shows need for risk awareness
Verizon's annual breach report indicates outsiders still cause most breaches, and despite no one-size-fits-all defense, better risk awareness can help.
- Verizon DBIR 2013: Damage caused by simple attacks, slow detection
Verizon's 2013 breach report shows most breaches are caused by a select few attack types, and the majority of breaches aren't detected for months.