Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
- Startups omit in-house IT with Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is enticing small businesses that anticipate growth to become AWS customers, but enterprises aren't as open to the new technology.
- Missouri university turns to cloud backup service for data protection
At Missouri's Maryville University, IT pros turn to dinCloud's cloud backup service for a lower-cost off-site data protection option.
- News briefs: Microsoft heats up IaaS market, Google wants to go greener
In this week's cloud news, Microsoft heats up competition in the IaaS market while Google petitions local utilities for more clean energy options.
- Overheard on Twitter: Climb to platform maturity at OpenStack Summit
Tweeters at the OpenStack Summit 2013 in Portland praised the project's latest release, but noted that there is still room for improvement.
- 2013 Verizon DBIR: Authentication attacks affect all organizations
The 2013 Verizon data breach report details how authentication attacks affect organizations of all sizes, blaming single-factor passwords.
- Intel DPDK, switch and server ref designs push SDN ecosystem forward
Intel jumped headfirst into SDN with its DPDK for accelerated Open vSwitch and reference designs for SDN-friendly servers and switches.
- Social performance management under review at many companies
To attract and retain millennial employees, many organizations are now going social with their performance review programs.
- Egnyte, NetApp partner deal aims to clear path to file sharing, syncing for MSPs
Online file-sharing company Egnyte has partnered with NetApp to offer file sharing and synchronization to customers through NetApp's channel partners.
- Nueva norma internacional para los centros de datos
Es un conjunto de recomendaciones y mejores prácticas acordadas entre varios países y un grupo de expertos en centros de procesamiento de datos.