Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
- North American summit: IPv6 implementation still facing roadblocks
Although ISPs and enterprises continue to roll out IPv6, the protocol has a long way to go before it's fully implemented.
- Exchange ActiveSync monitoring a necessity for enterprise mobility
As organizations scale up mobile initiatives, ActiveSync monitoring is crucial to avoiding performance bottlenecks and overloading Exchange.
- Gartner outlines the IT essentials for building a big data strategy
Building a successful big data strategy takes discipline, imagination and a CIO who can work with the business. Here's how to do it.
- Gartner's basic business rules for capitalizing on big data
A breakthrough like big data comes around only once in a blue moon. Here's what business executives need to do to capitalize on it.
- Trusteer warns of new man-in-the-browser Twitter attack
The attack seeks to compromise a Twitter webpage via a man-in-the-browser attack. Trusteer warns it could be a harbinger of broader future attacks.
- How to find the right data scientists
The changing landscape of the Indian IT industry, and the need to understand high volumes of data, makes data scientists' skills a valuable commodity for businesses.
- Astute makes flash appliance less expensive with MLC, adds replication
Astute Networks says giving its ViSX flash appliance MLC drives lowers the price to $5 per gigabyte, and to even less if you buy its deduplication.
- Power of social media, technology irrefutable in times of crisis
The power of social media to inform, connect, heal and perhaps even help solve major crimes has made it an indispensable asset in times of crisis.
- What CIOs can learn from Facebook's success with data discovery tools
Three hundred million photos uploaded to the site daily? Check. World's largest Hadoop cluster? Check. Data discovery in users' hands? Priceless.
- HIPAA regulations to bring compliance challenges for providers, BAs
Updates to HIPAA's regulations could bring new compliance challenges to providers, sometimes without real benefits to patients.
- Dell Active Fabric: Converged fabric that's easy to deploy and manage
With Active Fabric, Dell delivers a converged fabric for data centers where server and storage admins call the shots.
- Virtual WAN optimization tools: Is speed really a factor?
Hardware is typically faster than software, but virtual tools for WAN optimization are appropriate for certain use cases.
- HP StoreVirtual expands into FC, new storage blades
HP StoreVirtual gets new Fibre Channel support, a storage blade companion and a software-defined storage designation.
- Cisco FC director and switch moves to 16 Gbps, new chassis
Cisco rolls out its next generation Fibre Channel director and switch, with new chassis and 16 Gbps connectivity; yes, it also supports FCoE.
- SearchCIO social engagement and collaboration tweet jam: Join us May 1
Join SearchCIO to discuss the pros and cons of social engagement and collaboration on an enterprise level. The hashtag to follow is #CIOChat.
- Has Infor found the trick to ERP integration?
Users and analysts at Inforum 2013 were impressed with its XML-based ION middleware, but wondered if Infor is pushing out apps fast enough.
- Cloud data center designs: TIA 942 certification for providers
The TIA and EPI are developing a certification program around the TIA 942 standard for cloud data center designs, uptime and resiliency.
- Five steps to get started with HR analytics
At Impact 2013, HR leaders offered simple steps for beginners to wrangle data and start effective human resources analytics campaigns.