Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 25, 2013
- SDN blog roundup: OpenFlow hybrid networks; debating SDN's definition
In this week's SDN blog roundup, bloggers discuss Node.js in network automation, why an OpenFlow hybrid needs to happen, and what is SDN?
- Discuss project and portfolio management strategies on Twitter May 29
Connect with SearchCIO on Twitter May 29 to discuss project and portfolio management strategies for better spending, planning and accountability.
- Discuss virtual infrastructure strategy June 26 with SearchCIO
Join SearchCIO's virtual infrastructure strategy tweet jam on June 26, covering virtualization technology for networks, storage and more.
- Making a BYOD strategy work in a HITECH environment
Crafting a bring-your-own-device strategy for high-octane physicians in a HITECH environment requires strong controls and good bedside manner.
- Polycom CloudAXIS: Extending video outside of the enterprise
Polycom CloudAXIS gives enterprises the ability to video conference with external users, regardless of underlying platform or device.
- Marketing company uses in-database analytics to fight customer churn
Trident Marketing is running analytical models on a data warehouse appliance to help keep consumers hooked on satellite TV service and other products.
- Exablox unveils OneBlox object-based NAS
Startup Exablox claims its object storage OneBlox can simplify scale-out NAS for small companies with a ring architecture, built-in dedupe and CDP.
- Get ready mobile app developers, here comes Facebook
The Facebook Technology Partners Program was created to help mobile app developers build applications that integrate with Facebook.
- 'No IT' technologies empower business users, improve productivity
Self-service tools that can be deployed without IT's assistance are changing the relationship between IT pros and end users, to their mutual benefit.
- Fusion-io buys NexGen Storage, adds hybrid arrays
Fusion-io acquires NexGen Storage, talks up its performance QoS as a key piece of its software-defined storage strategy.
- Subtle, meaningful differences in right-time and real-time analytics
The differences between right-time and real-time analytics are subtle, but the technologies used and the actionable results could prove monumental.
- Over 100k serial devices online and unsecured, says HD Moore
Security researcher HD Moore says 114,000 serial devices exposed to the Internet are highly hackable.