Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 26, 2013
- Software test plan 2013: Keynote speakers cite top trends
At STP 2013, keynote speakers weighed in on software test plans to work towards in the coming year.
- The end of enterprise cloud computing is near... sort of
In this week's Searchlight: Why CIOs ought to forget about enterprise cloud computing, the new next thing in big data, the new digital age and more.
- Enterprise mobile development begins with business needs
Successful mobile app development depends on numerous factors, but business needs should take precedence.
- Cyber liability insurance: MSPAlliance revamps group coverage
The MSPAlliance aims the spotlight at cyber liability with a new cloud provider and MSP insurance program that protects against lost profits and more.
- Bersin finds users willing to switch vendors to unify HRIS systems
At Impact 2013, Katherine Jones presented data on HCM technology trends, and gave tips on what 'good, better and best' HR IT systems look like.
- Opscode Chef configuration automation tool aids cloud management
Chef and other configuration automation tools go hand-in-hand with cloud management for some shops, though integration can be tricky.
- Get execs to get it on the business value a BI program can bring
Backing from top executives can be crucial on business intelligence projects, and BI managers shouldn't avoid the challenge of getting them on board.
- Q&A: How Facebook uses Chef configuration management tools
How Facebook manages hundreds of thousands of servers and multiple code releases per day using DevOps and Chef tool for configuration management.
- Six ways to secure IP V6
Indian businesses must take charge of the inherit security threats that migrating to IP V6 brings.
- Beyond Chef and Puppet: Ten essential DevOps tools
DevOps requires a hefty toolbox for managing code builds; IT pros identified 10 DevOps tools -- beyond Chef and Puppet -- that are hot right now.
- VSS Monitoring: Passive and inline monitoring in network packet broker
Network packet broker specialist VSS Monitoring combines passive and inline packet capture, adds SSL offload device.