Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- Cisco ships plug-in module to convert 3600 into 802.11ac access point
Cisco has begun shipping its plug-in Wave 1 module to convert the Aironet 3600 into an 802.11ac access point.
- News briefs: Liability insurance for providers, multi-cloud takes off
In these news briefs, a survey suggests more enterprises use multi-cloud strategies, and the MSPAlliance updates its cloud insurance for providers.
- Overheard on Twitter: SDN network provisioning, bandwidth calendaring
This week, SearchSDN hosted its first tweetup and discussed ONS 2013 topics like network provisioning, bandwidth calendaring and SDN use cases.
- Brocade partner head McGrath on wins, losses, competitors' mistakes
Regan McGrath discusses what went right (and wrong) for Brocade in 2012 and how it plans to capitalize on its competitors' mistakes.
- Epocrates app to support secure physician-to-physician SMS texting
Many docs use the Epocrates drug reference app once a month. New features will support physician SMS texting, rudimentary sharing of patient records.
- Progress toward interoperability in healthcare remains slow
There has been a lot of movement around interoperability in healthcare recently, but tangible benefits remain elusive.
- McAfee jumps into IAM with one-time password, cloud SSO products
McAfee introduces two new identity and access management (IAM) products.
- Novell Filr offers on-premises storage and file-sharing alternative
The latest on-prem alternative to cloud storage and file-sharing services comes from Novell, whose Filr product integrates with existing file servers.
- HP reveals new generation of data center switches
HP offers new core and aggregation data center switches with OpenFlow 1.3, TRILL and Shortest Path Bridging support.